Today’s Epistle reading is Philippians 1:1-7
Paul and Timothy, bondservants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops and deacons: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace.
Today’s Gospel reading is Luke 10:22-24
All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, and who the Father is except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.” Then He turned to His disciples and said privately, “Blessed are the eyes which see the things you see; for I tell you that many prophets and kings have desired to see what you see, and have not seen it, and to hear what you hear, and have not heard it.”
Saints and Feasts celebrated today
Venerable Hilarion the Great
Troparion — Tone 8
By a flood of tears you made the desert fertile,
and your longing for God brought forth fruits in abundance.
By the radiance of miracles you illumined the whole universe!
Our Father Hilarion pray to Christ God to save our souls!
Kontakion — Tone 3
Podoben: “Today the Virgin…”
Today we gather to praise you with hymns,
O unfading light of the Spiritual Sun;
for you illumined those in the darkness of ignorance,
leading all to the heights of God, as they cried:
“Rejoice, Father Hilarion, rampart of ascetics.”
Additional Saints and Feasts (without hymns):
- Translation of the relics of Saint Hilarion, Bishop of Meglin in Bulgaria
- Venerable Hilarion the Schemamonk of the Kiev Caves
- Venerable Hilarion, Abbot of Gdov and Pskov Lake
- Venerable Theophilus and Jacob, Abbots of Omutch, Pskov
- Martyrs Gaius, Dasius, and Zoticus at Nicomedia
- Venerable Philotheus of Dionysiou of Mount Athos
- Venerable Bessarion Sarai the Confessor in Romania
- Saint Sophronius, Confessor of Ciorara, Romania
- Martyr Oprea of Salistie in Romania
- Saint Hilarion, Metropolitan of Kiev
- Martyr Moses (Macinic) the Confessor
- Saint John of Galesh
Today’s Fasting Guidelines
Today is Fast Free. No fasting restrictions.